How do yoga teachers feel about their practice? What inspires them to keep teaching and keep practicing yoga? Get to know your Yoga One teachers outside the studio and off the mat.
This month’s interview is with Terri Hobbs, who is leaving Yoga One after 8 years of teaching with us in search of new adventures. All the best, Terri! You’ll be missed.
1. Why do you practice yoga?
I practice for strength, balance, mindfulness, serenity, and because yoga is a creative outlet for me.
2. What was the most intimidating aspect of your teaching when you first started?
Remembering the difference between right and left! Also I used to worry that I would run out of poses to teach before class was over. 🙂
3. What gives you the most joy as a yoga instructor?
Whenever a yogi tells me a chronic pain of theirs has disappeared, or the first time a student really “masters” a pose.
4. If yoga were a food, car, smell, planet, song, artist, flavor, etc…it would be: the ocean.
5. What’s your yoga inspiration?
I find a lot of inspiration from my co-instructors at Yoga One, especially Amy Caldwell and Mara Harris! I look to the internet and classes I take when I travel to help freshen up both my practice and my teaching.
6. Usually we ask what classes you teach at Yoga One – but you’re saying au revoir. What will you carry with you from your time at Yoga One?
Words may fail me in describing the Yoga One family. I’ve never felt so supported, valued, and loved as an employee and as a person. Why leave nirvana? Upcoming opportunities to travel and a desire for new challenges.
7. Anything else you’d like to add, share, suggest?