How do yoga teachers feel about their practice? What inspires them to keep teaching and keep practicing yoga? Get to know your Yoga One teachers outside the studio and off the mat. This month’s interview is with Missy DiDonato.
1. Why do you practice yoga?
I practice for the benefit of my mind, body, and all around life issues 🙂
2. What was the most intimidating aspect of your teaching when you first started?
Learning to stop expecting people to like me.
3. What gives you the most joy as a yoga instructor?
Seeing the emotional release of a student during or after a class. Also seeing people at their best or most vulnerable.
4. If yoga were a food, car, smell, planet, song, artist, flavor, etc…it would be: If yoga were a smell, it would be a fart. Because it’s necessary to live and comes in all different varieties!
5. What’s your yoga inspiration?
My 3 year old daughter, Olive. Firstly, because she’s so flexible and that’s proof it’s something we’re born with and it’s only our habits that make us inflexible. And secondly, because she is so present.
6. What classes do you teach at Yoga One?
I teach level 1 & 2 Classic Yoga on Thursdays at 4:30pm and an all levels Restorative Yoga on Fridays at 5:30pm.
7. Anything else you’d like to add, share, suggest?
I am constantly grateful for all of the yogis and non-yogis that come into my life. Thank you from the depths of my heart.