How do yoga teachers feel about their practice? What inspires them to keep teaching and keep practicing yoga? Get to know your Yoga One teachers outside the studio and off the mat. This month’s interview is with Lynne Officer.
1. Why do you practice yoga?
Yoga helps my body and my heart reset. It amazes me how just a few intentional breaths can make me feel more grounded, connected to myself, and free of the story line going on in my head.
2. What was the most intimidating aspect of your teaching when you first started?
The most intimidating thing was trying to get the words and cues in my head to come out of my mouth. I also felt super nervous when an experienced yogi or another yoga teacher was in class. This nervousness still comes up for me almost 10 years in.
3. What gives you the most joy as a yoga instructor?
It gives me a lot of joy when new people come back. I know how hard it can be to get a yoga practice going in the beginning. I think people are really courageous to show up again and again. 🙂
4. If yoga were a food, car, smell, planet, song, artist, flavor,
etc…it would be: Whoomp There It Is by Tag Team.
5. What’s your yoga inspiration?
I feel really inspired by the poem The Guest House by Jelaluddin Rumi. It’s been really powerful to think of everything as temporary and something to honor, dark and light.
6. What classes do you teach at Yoga One?
I teach the Monday evening 5:30 pm Vinyasa Flow Level 1 & 2 class.