Erin is such a delight! Her smile begins with her eyes. In addition to being a super yogi, she is also (spoiler alert, see question #7) the designer/creator of the Yoga One website. We’ve know Erin a long time and are better off for having her in our lives. Come to her relaxing Thursday evening Candlelight Flow at 7:30pm. See our full schedule here.
A Vinyasa alignment-based flow is the style I practice most often, but I also really enjoy Restorative Yoga.
2. What first attracted you to yoga when you began your practice?
I remember doing animal yoga poses with my brothers growing up that we learned from a big orange kids yoga book. About 10 years ago, I was working in an office all day and looking for a way to live a more active lifestyle. I started taking yoga classes at Yoga One and immediately fell in love with the practice.
3. What is your favorite yoga pose right now?
Adho Mukha Vrksasana or Handstand, I love the feeling of strength and power, as well as the change in perspective 🙂
4. What pose is still the most challenging?
Recently, I have been focusing on the transition between poses, specifically developing the strength and control to jump back/forward or through from one pose to the next.
5. If you were an animal, you would be: my first reaction would be a cat, but it would be pretty fun to be a monkey too… tough choice!
6. Describe what yoga means in your life using just 6 words: helps me discover my truest self.
7. What might your students be surprised to learn about you?
I am also a web designer.
Stay with your practice. You may not notice any change from day to day, but over time yoga will make amazing transformations in both your body and mind!