Meet Olivia, a yogi with a gorgeous smile and infectious energy! She teaches the Level 2 Flow on Thursday nights at 6pm, be sure to drop by for a challenging workout and the perfect savasana to end the day. Go here for our complete schedule.
1. What is your favorite style of yoga?
My favorite kind of yoga is Vinyasa but throwing in a weekly Restorative class is a must as well!
2. What first attracted you to yoga when you began your practice?
I immediately loved corpse pose (savasana) at the end of class! I was exhausted after my first class. The fact that lying on my mat for three minutes doing absolutely nothing except letting my body restore and relax was part of the class, I was sold. It felt different then anything I had ever done before and I loved it.
3. What is your favorite yoga pose right now?
My favorite yoga pose right now is navasana, or boat pose. I practice finding my center and tapping into that inner fire. Boat pose reminds me of that and keeps me feeling strong and connected to my core.
4. What pose is still the most challenging?
Many poses are still challenging for me but one that I am working on right now is bird of paradise. Straightening the lifted leg takes time and practice – and that’s half the fun of it, every try feels different.
5. If you were an animal, you would be: a deer. I once had a dream I was a deer and surprisingly it resonated with me. It was the first and last animal dream I’ve ever had but experiencing that kind of freedom was amazing.
6. Describe what yoga means in your life using just 6 words: Yoga is peace, love, breath, connection.
7. What might your students be surprised to learn about you?
I had the mouth of a sailor before I started teaching but yoga keeps me aware and conscious of what I say and I appreciate that.
“Enjoy the ride, it’s the journey not the destination.” I love that quote for all aspects of life but with yoga especially. I believe that if you could master every pose on the first try you would miss out on the good stuff, the things you can’t see, like learning to be humble, having patience, and letting go.
Hope to see you in class! Come introduce yourself and say hello, or grab a hug, I love connecting with students and sharing the journey.